Vortec 454 Cam Upgrade
The previous owner had the engine rebuilt in 2012 and tells me they installed an rv cam but i am not sure which one.
Vortec 454 cam upgrade. The kit included gaskets valvetrain and camshaft fasteners and a set of poweroval 280 as cast cylinder heads. The 454 responded very well to the cam upgrade as the peak numbers jumped from 376 hp and 482 lb ft with the stock cam to 428 hp and 507 lb ft of torque. Here are the gm performance hydraulic roller cams. Comp cams cl11 602 4 comp cams thumpr hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifter kits compare cam and lifters hydraulic flat tappet advertised duration 295 312 lift 522 507 chevy big block kit.
I have a 2000 c3500 with the 454 l29 and auto trans. Vortec 7400 cam uses same cam as the ht502 gm part 12552296 dur 0 050 204 209 lift 480 483 454ho 502ho cam gm part 24502611 dur 0 050 211 230 lift 510 540 502zz cam gm part 12366543 dur 0. The kit bottom lined at 3 499 97 on summit racing. Back to your original question is the zz502 cam a good choice for a vortec 7400.
An increase of 52 hp is always welcome. They also installed roller lifters heavy springs and chain gears.
- Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 50 Plasma Cutter
- Suzuki Samurai Body Lift Kit
- Spool Gun For Millermatic 250
- Transmission Temp Gauge 4l60e
- Tj Tube Fender Kit
- Stock 350 Camshaft Specs
- Suzuki Samurai Back Seat
- Steel Braided Brake Lines For Lifted Trucks
- Suzuki Samurai Windshield Frame For Sale
- Trailer Hitch Winch Kit
- Snap On Ball Joint Press Kit
- Transpo Voltage Regulator Wiring
- Toyota Tacoma 3 Inch Lift 33 Tires
- Toyota Pickup Locking Hubs
- Suzuki Samurai Weber Carb
- Supercharger For Chevy 454
- Thermal Arc Fabricator 181i
- Toyota 4runner Check Engine Light Reset
- Tire Bead Seater Harbor Freight
- Torsion Bar Crossmember Mount